Sunday, August 26, 2007

Leaping in...

At the expense of jumping right back into this, I forgot how theraputic it can be to vent here, and even just to write. It has been a really crazy week. A lot of really negative stuff has happened, though I have faith that everything happens for a reason. The only good thing about all of this happening at once is that it puts things into clear perspective. You quickly realize what your real focus should be.

My mother is in the hospital and I am so worried about her. She isn't facing anything life threatening at the moment, but this incident has made me realize in stark reality just how fragile her life is. She isn't taking good care of herself and I feel like no amount of effort on my behalf or my family's behalf can force her to do so. At the end of the day she has to take care of herself. How can I help her to do it? She is the kind of person that has such a big heart that she is always focused on being kind and helpful to others. She forgets about herself. She dealt with pain for a week before being admitted to the hospital because she was focused on my uncle and our family. She is an incredibly selfless person. I love her more than words can say.

No comments: