Monday, December 03, 2007

School Days




I woke up this morning and felt sick to my stomach at the thought of going to work. I promised myself I wouldn't get so stressed this year, yet here I am. It seems like every school year brings new challenges. This year is bringing many. I have a tough little group on my hands. Between oppositional behavior, one child who runs out of the classroom whenever she wants to, frequent bathroom accidents, and tough social situations, I have my hands full. Everything happens for a reason though and I am meant to learn something from this experience. Perhaps I will come out of this school year with better classroom management skills. The wonderful thing is that the powers that be just decided to send me help. Starting tomorrow I will have a full time helper in the classroom. I am optomistic that it will make a difference. Here's hoping.

Dear Beth and Maggie- Thanks for Christmas shopping and munchies with me on Saturday, I needed that! :o) I had so much fun.

2 comments:

Bethany said...

It's too bad they outlawed teachers hitting children, LOL. I wish there was something I could do to help!!!

Anonymous said...

Kel,

Believe me, it's not just you. It just seems to be that type of year this year. Insanity abounds! And this time of year is rough as it is under normal circumstances.

An extra pair of hand should prove helpful. I hope that person proves to be competent :)

Let me know if I can be of any help, I've tried all kinds of management tools under the sun (not that any one of them works for 100% of the time or for all, but most).

-Jen