Sunday, February 25, 2007

How small do I look?




So Carrie and I finally arrived at the Grand Canyon. We took in the I-MAX film, confirming our status as tourists and proceeded to the canyon's many scenic view points. Words can't even describe its beauty and vastness. Standing on the edge makes you feel so very small. Here are some pictures:




The next day we headed down to Sedona. If you have never been there and happen to find yourself in AZ go...you won't regret it. It is a magical place. We spent two nights there surrounded by red rocks that glow in the sunshine changing with intensity with each passing hour. Our hotel had an awesome hot tub that no one seemed to want to take advantage of so we had it all to ourselves. We talked it up and then went to bed. The next day we got massages and Carrie tried accupuncture, braver than me. We then got lunch at a crazy little diner with an alien theme where Carrie insisted we order the strange delicacy fried pickles. I know...eww right? Actually they weren't so bad. Very spicy and tangy.



Then we went to have our auras read by a psychic. How new age. We ate dinner at the wildflower cafe after snapping these beautiful pictures during sunset.














The next day it was time to head home. We spent my last day in AZ hanging out with Carrie's friends and just relaxing. Overall I had a wonderful trip. I so needed this time alone with Carrie. We talked so much I lost me voice! We talked, we bonded, and we are closer than ever. I love vacation! Thank you Ryan. You always know what I need the most.

4 comments:

JAJjourneyahead said...

hey kell...looks like you had a great time. so glad you are blogging...love j

Maggie said...

well it's about damn time! :)

Bethany said...

Ewww. Fried pickles? Even I won't go there, LOL. Welcome to the blogging world....

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.