Sunday, March 11, 2007

Finally! Some time to create. I finally had the chance this weekend and play catch up with my celebration journal. Thank you to Jamie who is such an inspiration to me. You are so dedicated! As promised here are some pictures of some of my work so far.



This is my cover. Simple but sweet. I decided not to hold out on using my favorite papers for this journal. So often I buy paper I love and it sits on the shelf because I don't have a project that I feel is worthy of using it. So Friday evening I looked through all of my paper and pulled out my favorites. I love "Wild Asparagus" paper which is why I chose it for the cover. The metal tag in the lower right corner reads: Journal- Penning emotional thoughts or facts on paper for the express benefit of future generations; an account of events.



This one was my refelction on how the weather effects me. Anyone who knows me well is aware of the way winter gives me the blahs. I am so looking forward to warmer weather coming soon. For this page I added watercolor to the cardinal to make him stand out. Cardinals are a bird close to my heart. Whenever I see one I think about my Nana who use to be able to whistle their call. Seeing their bright red color brings warmth to the drearieness of a winter day for me.



Last but not least this is a picture of my favorite page thus far. I loved the idea of reflecting on changes I need to make in my life and choosing one word to set off in the right direction. I chose the word dream, because it seems to me that a lot of what I want is still a bit distant in the future but holding on tightly to them keeps me focused and inspired. I used a beautiful blue vellum with daisies throughout and chalked some bassil cardstock to make it look worn. Each pocket represents a different aspect of my life I hold dreams for. They are labeled family, home, friends, and me. I wrote my thoughts on the back of each pocket insert so I can pull them out and read them. Thinking about dreams I will end with one of my favorite little poems.

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow

By, Langston Hughs

2 comments:

JAJjourneyahead said...

kell...it thrills me that you are enjoying this process. i love your dreams page...and the poem. we need to get together soon.lovej

Guinevere said...

Oh such a great start. I love your little poem as I have such a passion for words. Lovely papers too.
Jennie xx