Friday, March 02, 2007

One of the little boys in my class today brought in a show-and-tell that he spent hours making himself. It was a poster board covered from top to bottom with photos from his family vacation to Cancun. He was pointing to each picture and saying a bit about them. Then he came to a picture of the sun hanging low above the ocean peeking out from behind the clouds. There were rays stretching from the clouds and touching the water below. As he touched the picture he said, "Look! It is like God is coming down from the sky. You can see him." Isn't that beautiful? I love the little glimpses I get of the world through the eyes of my students.

This week flew by in a flash. Have you ever felt so busy that you almost had to remind yourself to stop and sit down for a minute? This is the first day I have checked my e-mail in three days. I feel so disconnected. I know it is going to be a busy week when I have something keeping me out late every day. Such was the case this week. I am thankful that our kindergarten orientation meeting is over. I think it went really well this year, aside from some intense parent questions at the end. I feel like I talked too much. Sometimes I wonder if people think I am pushy...I hope not. I don't mean to be. Now that it is Friday I am taking a deep breath. I stayed in my classroom until about 8:30 tonight just cleaning up and getting reorganized. I had to focus myself before next week. I am looking forward to starting my celebration journal tomorrow. I need some creative time. I am so inspired by Jamie and Maggie and all of the girls who have been posting so far. I will post photos as soon as I have some.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Thanks for that story...I'm crying now. That is just about the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I love hearing your stories about your kindergarteners.